Thread: Fabric ID
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 02:17 PM
RugosaB

Default Fabric ID

I took advantage of the 'Mirage' fabric that Connecting Threads had on sale, and bought 48 different 1 yd pieces
I had bought a bit of that fabric before, liked it, and wanted to have samples here at home to use. I didn't 'need' them, and I had no immediate plans for them. Then, as I was waiting for them to arrive, I thought, oh no, how am I going to ID them when they come and when I store them?
I don't remember them coming this way before, which may just be my remembering problem, they may do all fabrics like this, but each piece came with a sticker attached, with it's name/number.
So, I cut a 1/2 inch by 1 1/2 inch piece of each fabric and folded the ID sticker around it. That way, as I use one and find I need more, at least I can identify it.

(I have a son that just got out of the Navy, who was in the nuclear propulsion dept. He really thinks things through, and organizes, and really pays attention to detail, we always call it as 'nuking something.' I think I nuked fabric organization!)
Attached Thumbnails mirage-examples.jpg