Old 08-10-2012, 04:06 PM
miriam
Power Poster

Glenn showed me how to rewire some machines - we spent all day Monday - we were ready to drop. Then we went over to Yummy's and got gyros for supper. I think we meant to go to Harold's Steer Inn but Harold's was closed. Whew - I hope I can remember what I am doing when I get back to the shop. My shoulder has been killing me so I've spent all my free time at the chiropractor... I still have to put the gray motor on the pink and gray machine and then test that machine.

Sunday, Glenn was like a kid in a candy store - he kept running around looking... Some of the machines aren't so much to look at though. Then he about fell over when he saw how many cabinets I had. Then he figured out there were more in the other room. Glenn, we should have looked in some of those cabinets - I don't even know what is in them any more. Anyway we spent most of the afternoon just looking at the shop... never did see everything though.

That Singer 12 is not really very ornate with the gold painting - it must have belonged to someone rich who used it for display. It is very neat - it makes a box or folds down to make the top of the table. It is in real nice shape. Pat found it and dragged Glenn and I to look at it. (We were kicking and screaming & dragging all the way... ) That Singer 12 even still has the belt guard. You can't really see the mother of pearl inlays all that well in the picture. Believe me it is one nice machine. Oh and I though Glenn was going to loose it at the antique store when I lent him my handy dandy screwdriver that I haul - it fits hinge pin screws real nice. You wouldn't believe the stuff we hauled in my Honda Fit. Whew, I thought we were going to have to tie Glenn on the roof or the hood or somewhere sort of like a dead deer just to get it all home.

I found quite a few machines while we were out junking around but I just am out of space well, except for pink... LOL

Last edited by miriam; 08-10-2012 at 04:11 PM.