View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 04:54 PM
jeaninmaine

There is a breed called a Morkie which is half maltese and half yorkie and adorable, I was looking into them when we decided to get a dog but none of the local places had any (I did check the local shelter for a small apartment sized dog but they were all big dogs). I ended up getting a yorkie-poo, half yorkie and half poodle and she is wonderful, she was easy to house train, spoiled rotten, loves to go in the car with us and having her head out the window, i made a strap so I could attach her harness to my seatbelt. She'll be 4 in december and is probably more valuable to me than anything else we have. Not afraid of any large animal no matter how big but terrified of thunder and small chickens. I learned how to trim her hair so that it can be kept reasonably short in the summer but I let it go in the winter except for a bimonthly trim, she's only 5 pounds and really feels the cold. So far she's been very healthy. The people in the apartment below us had two 10 lb maltese and they were very nice dogs so we went looking for something similar and I did an online search for maltese and discovered the Morkies and fell in love with them. I'm glad we got Angie but I wouldn't mind getting her a little sister.