Thread: Multi-taking
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 03:18 AM
Musicmom2

I discovered yesterday that my multi tasking days may be ending. I was sitting in a drive thru getting my lunch when my cell phone rang. I didn't want to answer it, just see who was calling. As I picked up my phone, I hit the button to answer and at the same time, the girl came to the window to give me my change. I'm hearing "hello, hello" from my right and "thank you ma'am" from my left. I reach for my change with my left hand, answer my phone with my right ( my eye doctor's office setting up an appointment for me ), put the truck in drive and start to leave. As I'm leaving I realize I don't have my food yet! I stop the truck, I can't back up because the person behind me is right on my tail. So, I get out of the truck, walk back to the window to get my food from the girl at the window, laughing at me. Get back in the truck, drive around the building to the parking lot to eat my lunch and realize I have forgotten what time I just made my eye doctor's appointment for. Oh my, good thing it was Friday.