View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 04:39 AM
Achymama

Default Machine won't budge

I've read with interest the ways to loosen a seized machine and thought I'd share what I did. I had an inherited morse 200 completely seized, locked up tight. I read online to use a hair dryer and I turned the machine on the side, blew the hot air into the head and continued to "wiggle" and that did the trick! It's now been oiled, cleaned and runs great. I cleaned the exterior with Murphy's oil soap with no ill effects. It didn't have decals to worry about per se, but I didn't want to mar the beautiful blue finish it has.

Achy

Originally Posted by Bitzy One View Post
I bought the locked up Redeye 2 weeks ago, I've gotten everything to come lose by getting the rust out/off and oiling like heck. The only thing that doesn't move is the needle bar to sew (which this part is INSIDE the head of the machine)!! When I turn the wheel it won't move. I've taken everything else apart to clean & oil per Muv's instruction video, BTW, thanks so much Muv!

How do I get the guts out/exposed so I can get to it to break loose? I know that's all it needs, cause the foot lever wouldn't move either and I oiled & cleaned and kept oiling. Finally I pushed really hard on the top of it and it popped loose. Any HELP will be welcomed...