View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 06:47 AM
GrannieAnnie

Originally Posted by kay carlson View Post
Last evening I pulled everything out of the large closet upstairs and set aside some projects I have absolutely no desire to finish. Fabrics, batting, and interfacings were sorted and placed in appropriate containers. Since I have almost completed this closet, I will soon be going to another area to declutter and purge.

My parents grew up during the Great Depression of the early 1930's. I can be very resourceful and like to repurpose items with my skills and creativity. However, I have come to the conclusion that I will work on the following:1) I will be more selective in projects in the future 2) I have made some mistakes in selecting some projects in the past, but this is not life threatening 3) I do not have to warehouse these mistakes 4) I can cut my losses and move on 5) I can pass items forward where they can be used 6) This is a process...

How many of us are in the same situation tonight?

The contents of my sewing room are in every room of the house, getting sorted and thinned out. Well, not too much thinning yet. I've got crochet books, quilt magazines, cross stitch books that I will NEVER have the time to look at much less use. But so far, I've not gotten rid of much good stuff.

You seem to be progressing much better than I am.