View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 07:33 AM
schaffers

Default Bee the star of the band

I haven't posted much of anything in a long time but I read the board every morning. When I do a quilt I really like, i will post it. This is one of them.

Last year I digitized the logo of my grandson's school - The Emmaus High School Hornets - each playing a different instrument. I made beanies for each of them. As I did the new designs I did the sew-out on the same fabric. Since I had all these designs, I though this would make a good quilt. I was going to make it to give to the band director signed by each senior at the end of this school year but he left the job and he missed his quilt! I decided to make it to give to the band parents group to raffle off. They haven't seen it yet, and I hope they will like it. Each star is a bee playing a different instrument. I like the back of the quilt just as much as the front. I hope you enjoy it. I kept the quilting simple because the fabric is busy. It is almost all music fabric. The only one without music is the small amount of green blocks.
Attached Thumbnails bee-stars-band.jpg   bee-2012-smaller.jpg