Old 08-11-2012, 07:53 AM
jennb

Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
Hi all, just returned from Miriam and Phil's we spent three days with them and had the most wonderful time. I spent an entire day with Miriam and rewired about three or four motors(potted and standard). I think we got seven or eight machines running. In return we hit all the antique and thrift stores in Indy. Shopping with Miriam is a ruthless ordeal she is a shopper!!!!. I found a pink machine that is in demand and she pushed me aside and bought it out from under me and then had the gall to have me carry it until she paid for it. What a lady. But I got even at the last shop I found a MOP Singer 12 in a folding cabinet(like a puzzle box) and loaded in her car along side the the little pink thing. We had a great time hitting almost all the shops in Indy. Pat and I are looking forward to Miriam and Phil to visit us so we can do the same here. Well if they don't come in Jan we will plan another trip to Indy. She may get tired of us. That is okay I will rewire more machines for her.

Skip
Holy cow that cabinet is cool! Sounds like you all had a grand time!

Sharon I hope you feel better quickly. I know how you feel about not being able to be as active as you once were. I'm still pretty young but my health problems have drastically altered my lifestyle. I used to be a professional dancer/singer as a child/teenager and now i'm not even 40 and a 20 minute walk on my treadmill is about all I can do.