Old 08-11-2012, 08:42 AM
path49

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
Candace, melinda1962,
I have some different feet, matter of fact a complete set of attachments. A "Q" foot would be a quilting foot?

As for the needles I'm kinda stuck there. This machine originally used a Kenmore #49 or Boye 2 1/2 needle.
Those are all but extinct. As per the advice from Kevin Pinkerton from ISMAC, I've got some DCx1F serger needles for it. All they come in is sharp, in sizes 11, 14, 16, 18. I'm using size 14s.

Could the presser foot tension have something to do with this? I'm not sure where it's set, works good on regular type materials so I left it alone. For fleece should it tighter or looser?

Joe
If the "Q" foot you're talking about is clear plastic, it's the Kenmore foot for knits...they started making it in the late 60's or early 70's. I think the "Q" stood for Qiana, a kind of slinky knit that was in style then. They made a special "Q" needle also, it was blue.

I can't imagine why it won't make ANY stitch at all. Have you tried different thread/needle? It sounds like the thread is clinging to the fabric so tightly that there's no loop for the shuttle hook to catch....sometimes that will happen sewing elastic or velcro BUT you usually just get skipped stitches. Another possibility is that the needlebar is set slightly too high. Anyway, good luck with it.