View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 12:51 PM
Deborahlees

There are several things to consider when choosening an Embroidery Machine. Yes the name and reputation are important, but so is the computer software.....some are very easy to use and navigate thru some are harder to get a handle on and some are damn near impossible. Hope size is also important some are limited to only 4 x 4", others you can go way up in size....Don't say to yourself, I will never want to do something that big, believe me you will...and not to be able to will put a frown on your face.....The kind and availablity of designs are also important, you will probably be doing the majority of your shopping and downloading of designs on the internet.....check what type your machine will use, it is an extension like PES, VIP, HUS or SEW....some are readily availble others are not
Another major concern is how the designs get to your machine, do you have to hook up your computer to the machine ,,,, do you have to buy and use expensive speciality 'cards' are can you use a simple inexpensive USB flashdrive.....I personally have a Brother Duetta, my second Brother machine (I also have a Bernina, which I never use as an embroidery due to its software) The other question should be what does your machine come with does it come with the software for your computer or is it extra, that software can cost you well over a thousand dollars alone. Does it come with hoops, how many and what size......