View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 01:00 PM
Jenniky

Thanks JeanieG for you encouragement.

I was pondering the glue basting. I had a thought about something I commented on and then also Vickig626 replied in way of comment. I have been shopping for a high end machine. Trying to decide which, what and so forth I like the best in the various models. With this thinking in mind. Will I feel confident enough using glue products around a two thousand plus dollar high end machine. Off the top of my head Im screaming no....but I would not hold that as a truth down the line as I become more comfortable and adept at using glue products with care and a bit more precision. (NO GUNKING)

It has become so automatic for me to Spray Adhesive or Now Glue with Liquid or STick Baste before I am quilting. Im forgetting that I also have other options. So I decided it was only fair that since I have showed these glue basting techniques to also Share some Quilting using Pins to baste (hold) the fabric in place prior to quilting. *** This is the time for all you ladies who don't care for glues and adhesive sprays to give your positive input on methods not involving Glue Products.*** Question: Would the Wonder Under Scrap use Idea be considered a glue product?????

I started Pinning my sandwiched quilt block at #1 in the middle, Then I moved to #2 and pin around in the secondary area. Finally I placed pins in the four outer corners and then in the middle of all outer edges.

Once I had completed these pinning steps. I ran a stitch around the edges of my quilt sandwich as we have done with all the other methods.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]354974[/ATTACH]

I left the pins in and started my quilting in the corner of the middle square. I removed the pins as I worked my way out.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]354975[/ATTACH]

Here is the front and back of my completed sandwiched and squared quilt square.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]354976[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]354977[/ATTACH]

RESULTS: It actually took me less time from start to finish. Quilting this square.

Discussion: How do you think the different methods I have shared compare in my finished squares. I'm going to wait and see what you ladies have to say before; before I reveal my findings. Im excited to hear your thoughts, comments and experienced insight.
Attached Thumbnails examplewithpins-001.jpg   examplewithpins-002.jpg   examplewithpins-003.jpg   examplewithpins-004.jpg