View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 04:19 PM
Christine27

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
lol! I wonder what he was planning for the "tell" part! I'd love to hear stories from teachers about some of the things kids bring in for show-n-tell. I can remember bringing in a handful of porcupine needles when it was my turn.... I wonder what the teacher thought.
Very briefly and long ago, I taught kindergarten in a church school. One morning one little guy brought an extra pencil box, apparently full of treasures to be shared throughout the day. During his reading group, he passed around peanuts in shells. He gave me a key chain from a car dealership, "for your dad." He brought a butter knife in case other kids at lunch needed help cutting their food. Then he pulled out a feminine pad and rubbed it against his face because it was so soft. Whew! This was all before lunch! Just as I was asking myself, "What's next?" the afternoon quieted down, until he put his coat on at the end of the day. He pulled SOMETHING out of his jacket pocket, about the size of a handiwipe and asked, "What's this?" Yes, folks, it was a condom!

Last edited by Christine27; 08-11-2012 at 04:21 PM.