Old 08-11-2012, 05:23 PM
DeneK

Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
I don't understand the limited bandwidth problem. Is it a choice to have that plan?
I have satellite internet... It does seem they are trying to make it better (but I bet that will be at increased cost and it ain't cheap already). I am allotted 450 MB in a 24 hour period. I can dl 2 audio books, but not 3. I cannot watch streaming video. I cannot watch a full Quilt Show episode if I have done anything else much that day. I had the highest small business account when I signed up for this service since I was working from home and needed the best speed/bandwidth I could get. My company had internet telephone service but I could not get it to work at all. Latency is the problem. I was the only one in the company using land line phone service. Our Russian office, China office, Caribbean office, and S.American office had no problem. Just me. Until I retired I upgraded my dish and modem EVERY time one was available.

Sadly since I live in a very rural area this is my only option for internet service better than dial up. I keep hoping that someone will bring 4G service to us.