View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 05:24 PM
Christine-

Originally Posted by jennb View Post
I have no idea how long the belt has been on it, it was on it when I bought it, but the package is still in the case with it and it looks to be brand new, so it could have been sitting on it for years. I did try loosening the motor and bending the belt in the opposite direction, but its still slipping, though not as bad as it was.
Oh, my bad. I thought the repairman put the belt on the machine in June. I misunderstood. If I remember correctly, the 221 has a lip around the flywheel that makes taking the belt off a tight squeeze. It's do-able, belts are inexpensive so you might change the belt to keep the motor from shaking every time that part of the belt hits it.

Another idea I have is to use a hair dryer while you're bending the belt back. A little heat might loosen the belt up enough that it will relax back in shape.

As for the thread problem, I seem to remember the needle eye is sideways? In any case, check to see which direction the thread goes in the eye, check which direction the bobbin thread is supposed to come off the bobbin, etc.