Old 08-11-2012, 07:02 PM
Janis

Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
I'm sorry Janis! No...this one won't fit the slant shank. You need one that is in a pink egg or red case...or one marked specifically for a slant machine.
I have one of these, they're nice buttonholers! You can use it on your straight, short shank machines!
Thanks for the info, Charlee, now on to looking for one that is in a pink egg or a red case. I saw one today with the red case, but the only thing was that they wouldn't sell it without the machine, a 404, and they wanted $150 for it and the attachments. It also had a zigzag attachment, as well as other standard attachments with it too.
The one I got will work with my short shank zig- zag machines then. I wouldn't have been out too much money if it didn't work with any of my machines. It was priced at $5.00 and when I got up there to pay for it, the woman said that it was half price. so I got it for $2.50!!! I have only one slant machine and 3 short shank machines that will do zig-zag. The plate that I got will work with them, I'm guessing. It's got 20 plastic cams for the button holes. so that's not too bad.
Does anyone have a buttonholer in the red case or pink egg they want to sell?

Last edited by Janis; 08-11-2012 at 07:06 PM.