View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 11:05 PM
Nanamoms

I wouldn't be too concerned about the Disney Designs. There are soooo many "free" or "inexpensive" great designs available on the embroidery sites on the internet. I have only used about 3 of the Disney designs myself just because my DGD wanted Mickey and Minnie. I use the USB cord to transfer designs although I do have the PED Basic card reader/writer and can use the memory cards also. The only thing I would like to have that my PE700II doesn't is the ability to use a Flash Drive but that's not the end of the world. The other thing I would like is a larger hoop size but for the huge jump in price, I'm just fine with my 5x7 hoop. My sister has the huge PR650 6 thread machine and I don't think she has done many designs over the 5x7 size. That is a $11,000 machine vs my $700 dollar machine (at the time we bought). She also has the Brother 4500D and she uses it basically for regular sewing and that one was not an inexpensive machine either!!

Can you tell I love my Brother PE700II!?????? JMHO!

ETA: Also, I did not purchase the PE Design software...it has a huge learning curve...I have used my sister's. I use Monogram Wizard Plus and Sew What Pro, both relatively inexpensive programs and I learn them both in just a couple of hours. Or my DDIL did and she taught me but both programs are so user friendly.

Last edited by Nanamoms; 08-11-2012 at 11:08 PM.