Old 08-12-2012, 05:37 AM
mermaid

([QUOTE=newtopa;5426829]Hi all - I am new here and trying to buy a new machine. I was out shopping this morning and found a great offer on a floor model Elna 7100, about $300 less than the Janome, which the saleswoman said was the exact same machine. After trying to do a bit of research online, though it seems I can't find out any information on this Elna model. Does anyone know anything about this model or has anyone used it for a while? I am leaning toward this, as the Janome is so much more, but I want to make sure I am really getting the same quality.

It seems people are usually happy with Janomes and their service - does anyone have experience with Elna machines? How is their customer service? )..............

I have this Elna--7100-that I got last summer from a La. dealer who was selling on ebay--a bit over $600. Then I ordered the darning/quilting foot that came w/a cover plate for FMQ. The machine only sews straight & reverse, but has a threader & cutter & the open throat is wonderful. I have been using the cone thread for sergers and have had no problems at all. I found a Janome table on ebay, as well, for a very good price--so I have been a happy camper. But, I've also owned 5 Elnas in the last 25-30 yrs, & still have 3 of them--so you can see I'm an Elna fan...tho all of mine were the solid metal until my 8000 and this 7100. My only complaint with this quilter is the location of the bobbin on the end, and I have difficulty grasping to remove it.

Last edited by mermaid; 08-12-2012 at 05:38 AM. Reason: redo