Old 08-12-2012, 07:50 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

*gasp*
*take my breath away*

and yes, I'm green with envy, that you ladies are so far along the trail!!

JanRN ... You want brutal honesty? See above!!!!! Your colours look well balanced and a nice mix of the brights with some duller colours. As already said, perhaps a little more yellow? ... I know, I know, you are not a yellow fan. See how the yellow you have used dances and shines? Just a wee bit more to enhance it a bit more. Did you decide on your sashing/cornerstones? The white batting looks grand, so what about white? and yellow cornerstones? or a light green? And oh how I like those pops of turquoise1!! Maybe even a lighter turquoise for the cornerstones?

GGal ... another beautiful grouping. I shrunk my display down to 22% so I could get a look at them all on the screen at the same time!! Again, a good mix of colours. I like the Civil War fabrics, or perhaps not, but the more muted tones that are in your mix. If anything, perhaps a little more white, as where you have used it, it seems to just add a little sparkle. I see this as being in reverse to Laurie's comments about it's good to have a muddy block every so often to give the eye a rest. Likewise in a more muted blend, I think the clean white (or other clear colours) adds and even brings out the muted colours.

Looks like there's going to be lots of
PC QAYG finishes ... and variations of how to do it. I haven't decided yet, but have bought enough backing that I can do it as QAYG if I feel competent enough!!

JanRN ... do come on over to the QAYG thread, and share of your experiences. I didn't quite understand how you did your QAYG process till just now! I finally do!! When you do your quilted blocks, do you use a fabric on the backside of the batting? or is it just your pieced block and batting, and no fabric?

PC Quilt Size? ... I keep reading how large it is? ITA when I see mine on my design wall. However, I think we are getting optical illusions, because the blocks are so big compared to our FWS. Keep in mind that we are making fewer blocks. Plus I believe the final dimensions for Laurie's PC is smaller than her completed FWS!