Old 08-12-2012, 08:32 AM
Pat G

Originally Posted by grann of 6 View Post
I just got an e-mail from allinstitches4u, saying something about her being in Spain and someting happened. I didn't read anymore, because I realized it was another scam working it's way around. I deleted it. These things get me sooooo irritated!
I had the experience last summer with an email (?) from a dear friend saying she was in England & her purse, passport, etc. had been stolen. She said she couldn't leave the country without paying $2,500 for hotel bill, etc. I was extremely emotionally vulnerable during that time because of other events in my life so I ran to Western Union. This is so not like me. I started making calls & coincidentally she called me & was in Calif. & not London. I called Western Union asap & had the $ stopped. I then got another email from the guy who was supposed to pick up the $ in London after he discovered the $ had not arrived. He was so angry & forcefully told me to get that $ sent. I let him know I realized this was a scam & had turned over all of my communication with him to the FBI & they were after him. Of course I was bluffing but it was all I had. I still feel so dumb. Yes, he had hacked her acct. because sev. of her friends had gotten the same email.
We think we're too smart to fall for these things but I've now had 2 experiences that proved me wrong.