Thread: Olympics
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 09:02 AM
JoanneS

Originally Posted by romanojg View Post
I agree; especially during rerun season. I don't get into sports but I love to watch the Olympics and this yr; the US kicked some royal and not so royal behinds. We should all be proud of the way the US is out in front of everyone this yr. It was not only nice to see old faces mostly doing well but also to see the new comers doing really well. It shows we have some real hopeful competiters that will be taking over for the retiring champions. I am glad though that with Grimm coming back on now on Mon instead of Friday I won't have to miss the Olympics or vice versa to watch one over the other. Cable just isn't as good as it used to be.
I agree, too! What could be more inspiring for the youth of the world than to see young people who have worked so hard to achieve their goals? Forget the pros in the team sports, though they are fun to watch, because the Olympic rules are different than their pro rules.

In our house, virtually everything stops during the hours the Olympics are on. i have my laptop with me, so I can check out the QB during commercials! I am ready, however, to get back to my sewing room!