View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 09:16 AM
romanojg

Well, only because I have a Kenmore/Janome machine that has some fancy stitches and really does a great job and for almost a yr now I've had a Viking Ruby and love it so much. I use it all the time. My grandson and granddaughter are both getting presents from it this yr. I get so many free designs on line and then the others are very cheap because I get them all on sale. I take classes at my LQS so that I can keep on learning about my embroidery machine and not get bored. As far as hoop size, the only one that I have never used it the 4x4. My largest hoop is over 14 in long and then there is the endless hoop. This machine makes me very happy and the more I learn the more I want to learn. Now, I just bought the software which does cost alot (there is a basic organizer that is free with it) so now I can design my own and modify others and endless of things to do. I have a really old serger that I used to use and have been thinking about getting it out again to see if it even still works. I want one of the ones that does auto threadding of thread. Yes, a new serger is in my future, I'm getting back into making clothes and want to make doll clothes for my DGD and I also want to make quilts. I've already bought Nancy Zimmerman's book on quilting with a serger; it's pretty neat. Rather I make clothes, decor for my house, quilts, etc I can see having a reqular machine for when my Ruby is busy embroidering, which is alot. I will always now have an embroidery machine and want a serger and will use them all on a reqular bases. It's easy once you see what all people are using them for out there.