Old 10-01-2009, 01:38 PM
kluedesigns
Banned

We're having so much fun doing the Dear Jane Christmas Block Swap that we've decided to do another swap.

Moderator's note: Dear Jane is a registered trademark. DJ BOM programs available commercially through quilt shops all require purchase of the book. They have all taken the additional step of getting permission from the author/publisher. We can neither authorize, encourage nor condone sharing copies of the pattern. Participants in the swap must be required to buy the book, the software, or both.

The Spirit of Winter Dear Jane Block Swap.

When i started the DJ Christmas swap i received some PMs from none christian members who requested a "Spirit of Winter" Dear Jane Swap.

the colors are BLUE, WHITE, and GOLD.

this can be solid, tone on tone, blenders, or pattern fabrics - just don't use any fabric that refers to the christian christmas holiday.

snow and snowflakes are ok, snow is religion neutral.

if you need help with block selection and patterns to the blocks just let me know and i will provide you with whatever i have.

Please post here which block you will be making so i can keep a running list for the group.

the UNFINISHED size is 5.0 inches

You'll make 18 blocks, all alike and send them to me along with a self addressed, stamped envelope for return postage... what ever it cost to send it to me, it will cost to return your blocks to you...so be sure to put enough postage on your envelope. When you are ready to send them to me, please pm me and I'll give you my address.

I will send you back one of your blocks and one each of 17 different blocks.

Please mark EACH ONE of your blocks with a little slip of paper pinned to it or a sticky label with your message board id and if you want to, your real name. It is nice to know who made the blocks in your quilt.
If you want to make multiple sets, just make sure you have 18 blocks of each pattern. You will receive back as many as you send.

The due date is the 11th of January 2010.

I will mail the blocks back to you by the 16th of January 2010.

this is the link to the Original Dear Jane Quilt - so you can check it out.

i've attached a word document that has all the blocks listed and the difficulty level.

http://www.dearjane.com/
Attached Files
File Type: doc
Attachment-7539.doc (294.0 KB, 156 views)