View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 12:18 PM
romanojg

Originally Posted by w1613s View Post
I do not mean to be a prune but I saw a number of comments about dealer support and have an addition. Another part of dealer support is honesty. We will not go into names and places and war stories but honest dealing between dealer and customer, both directions I imagine, is crucial. And that honest dealing is before and after the sale. Please talk to other sewers in your area and see what they have to say about the dealer(s) they have done business with.

Good luck. I hope you are delighted with your new machine and the place you will be getting it and that pleasure continues far into the future.

Pat

I totally agree. There is a LQS here that I had shopped at and even took a class at but due to the people who work there, including owner I'd never buy one of their machines. I won't say the machine they sell because in our area most would know which one I was talking about and I know alot of others who have had issues. I know alot of people like this brand and since I don't have any first hand knowlege one way or the other I won't slam the machine but the personal at the shop was the reason I'd never buy anything that I need support for from them. I rarely go there unless I'm not finding what I want any where else, which is rare. Now, on the other hand, where I bought my Ruby from the moment I first walked in they were great; over a yr before I even looked at their machines. I took classes there with my Kenmore and others had the big Vikings but no one ever said a thing about my little cheap (er) machine and it did all the things theirs did, I just had to do it a different way to get the results. Everyone wanting to buy a machine, no matter if it's high end or low end should check them out. I got my Kenmore at Sears because for a low end machine it did a lot and I can get a warranty for it; not getting that from Walmarts very easily.