Thread: Olympics
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 01:58 PM
sassey

Originally Posted by romanojg View Post
The professionals as we think of them aren't in the Olympics. These people work really hard to get where they are. Va Beach had a young girl who took gold and has only been practicing for a few short yrs and there was talk she'd bomb out but she was one of our best. I guess why I enjoy it even the info they give us on the players is that I want to know about them and some of them have unbelievable struggles to get where they are so you appreciate it even more. We had for the first time ever a double amputee this yr and he really fought because no one wanted someone who was handicapped with not one but two artificial limbs to compete in the regular Olympics. I don't do Twitter, Facebook so I'm not bomb barded with it all. I liked it when I turned on the TV at night on one station I knew I was going to be able to watch some amazing people of all age groups compete for something that they worked really hard for. One of our best swimmers is in high school and she's turned down million $ deals so that she could continue to swim with her high school; that is a true winner. I get excited and like I said; it's not about the sports its about these amazing people from all over the world who have come together every so many yrs to compete. I could always go to a different channel if I didn't want to watch them; its easy to get away from if you didn't want to watch. I did.
Well said about the only time I can find anything decent to watch that isnt a re run of a rerun of a re run