View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 02:07 PM
romanojg

Great quilt. Have you considered making it a two sided quilt. I do that for seasonal quilts so that they get used more. My Christmas has the other side as Thanksgiving, Spring and Easter can go together, things like that. I even carry it on to my tablecloths, runners etc. This way it gets you thru the season, Halloween can be paired with fall which would take you all the way into the Thanksgiving quilt. Just my thoughts. I figure if I'm going to back them I might as well do it wisely and make one to decorate twice with. The great thing about doing it this way; you can start after the holidays buying fabric when it's on clearance and you are ready for the next yr or presents. By the way, my tablecloths I put insulated backing in it to protect my table; not insulbrite. You can also line apron pockets with it and then you have two built in pot holders. Lets face it; how many who wear aprons don't use them to grab a pot out of the oven. By the way, love the gray with white polka dots, it reminds me of snow.