View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 04:38 PM
vagabondindigo

Originally Posted by vickig626 View Post
I have a question on the wonder under - if you use it is strategic spots, do you run into the problem of possible puckers since the fabric doesn't move around it? I saw Nancy Ziemen demo this and wondered the same thing so have been afraid to try it.

I also have tried Fons & Porter's glue stick but I think it is very similar to Sewline's which I really like. I buy it in bulk when I run across a good price.
The original glue pen I got was sewline. Where do you get the refills in bulk? I tend to wait for sales ont he fons and porter items, as they seem to have taken over my local shops. As you may know, thats few and far between.

Do the wonder under dots allow sewing movement - like any fusible if its a heavy duty one they dont move, but light weight ones allow a bit of movement. I find, like any basting and quilting, the 2 keys seem to be - when you baste make sure its all as flat as it gets, and when quilting use the right pressure foot, usually my walker. If freehand, use the freehand foot. If I follow those rules I have very little issue with shifting or puckering.

And, since nothing in life is perfect - with the wonder under dots, if you keep them smaller than an inch, (i tend to go for about 1/2 to 3/4 an inch max) then you can do a quick reposition as needed, even under the machine.