View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 01:07 AM
linda8450

Default Community affair quilt!

Two years ago, while visiting an old friend in OR, I gave her this awful quilting fever! We went to every quilt shop in a 100 mile area, and she resisted as long as she could. Then she purchased a whole pile of black and white and red fat quarters with no earthly idea of what she wanted to do with them. I wasn't there long enough to actually quilt anything, so she put them away. Now I am back for an extended visit, and while I am here another friend from AL came to visit us. The three of us cut out a quilt top, using TURNING TWENTY AGAIN pattern. [ATTACH=CONFIG]355239[/ATTACH] My OR friend very nervously sewed the pieces together to make the squares. I joined the squares and added the borders and cut out and pieced the back.
I didn't use a pattern for the back, just cut all the pieces the width of my ruler and any length they ended up, sort of scattered the red in in small bits. Needless to say, it is a black and white and red affair! [ATTACH=CONFIG]355240[/ATTACH]

We finished the bed skirt out of grey marbled batik (also in the quilt) and a table skirt and window treatment out of the "newspaper print" and it is really smashing!

We mailed it to the friend in AL and she has just finished quilting it on her long-arm. I will bind it when it arrives back in OR. I can't wait. I will have to ME a label when I get back home to AL, mail it back to OR and talk my friend into sewing it on! Just wanted to share pics of our community affair quilt!
Attached Thumbnails front.jpg   back.jpg