View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 05:58 AM
jk5602

When I save patterns on the computer, I identify the pattern first with either baby, teen, scrap, strip, pieced, applique then put a dash and the name of the quilt pattern. Sample, Baby - strip - wonky blocks quilt pattern (easy) or Baby - appliqued - animals quilt photo. Then all the quilt patterns line up in alphabetical order by the type of quilt and I know which section I need to find a pattern I'm looking for I'm going to be using scraps, strips, etc. I also have folders for Baby, Toddler, Teen, Strip, Pieced, Applique, etc. I designate in the title if it is a pattern or photo at the end of the quilt title. This allows me to search for photos or patterns only. It makes the titles longer, but I can sort and find what I'm looking for faster if I can't remember the quilt name. I also have a flash drive that I keep all my patterns and photos on in case my computer crashes I won't lose any pattern that I have purchased and gotten free on-line. My printed patterns are in binders in plastic sheet protectors. I got this idea from the patterns I have purchased on Ebay.