View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 08:47 AM
redwoodgate

Originally Posted by ArtsyOne View Post
If I understand you correctly, you will quilt a plain muslin sandwich and then put that into a duvet cover that you'll make? And then sew in the ditch of the cover to attach it to the muslin sandwich? A friend of mine used the wool batting and it really puffed up like a comforter because she hadn't quilted it closely enough, so I see this happening to you unless you quilt the sandwich very closely. Then you also have the entire center of your cover loose and unattached.
ArtsyOne, yes, exactly. If I remember right from my research, the Dream wool needs minimum 8" quilting, while trying to work this out, I figured a 4" grid set on point. You are right, the large center area of the top would be loose. I am still in the planning stages and we have discussed the idea of making a couched lace or appliqued center medallion. We are just uncertain as to whether this will end up looking too busy. We will lay the whole thing out full size in tissue paper before I start. If we do use a center medallion then we can use the edges to help anchor the top.