View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 10:41 AM
wildyard

Charlotte, congrats on saving your squares in such a wonderful way!!! Great job!!

I wanted to say that I always use safety pins to baste my quilts as I poke myself with straight pins and get blood on the fabric... ick! I have used glue sticks for other things and it works fine for me. I haven't had any kind of problems with it.

For sewing on my bindings, I don't use anything. No pins, glue, clips, etc. I just sew it as I go along and I never have a problem with it. My edges are trimmed and stitched first, so it's just a matter of aligning binding raw edges with quilt raw edges and sewing the 1/4" seam. I wonder what I don't know that causes others to have to pin and glue and have so much problem with sewing on bindings. Is mine a case of ignorance is bliss? LOL

I am pondering this QAYG situation. I have always used fleece for quilt backings and had planned to also for the QAYG. Now I am wondering how it would look having cotton for the joinings and the rest of the back fleece. I am pretty sure it would be a nightmare trying to use fleece for the joinings on the back. LOL