Thread: Singer 15-91
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 11:06 AM
DawnFurlong

I live in the DFW metroplex area and bought my 15-91 off of Craig's List. I looked for a bit, and while I know others have found fantastic deals on theirs - I have never seen one priced like that in this area (I am talking under $100). Anything vintage under $100 has been in horrible condition.

I paid $150 for mine, it came in a cute table. I did test it before buying it, it sewed fine. What I didn't think to do was to check the electrical. Upon getting it home and using it, then poking around to oil/clean it - I noticed that the cords needed replacing. Not terribly expensive - but still something that needed to be done. I didn't make an offer on the one I purchased, because I am not very good/comfortable with going back and forth on this type of stuff. Looking back, if I had made an offer it would have been between $75 and $100.

I do think $200 seems a bit overpriced for that one (table will need refinishing, looks like maybe some rust on the machine, I can't see the color on the power cord - that would give a clue as to whether electrical has been replaced). Perhaps you can email the seller and find out if the electrical has been replaced?

I have attached a couple of pictures of mine. I absolutely love sewing on this machine - and FMQing just flows on it. My first top that I quilted was a king sized top.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]355315[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]355316[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails imag0137.jpg   2-1f401e8e-538476-800.jpg