Old 08-13-2012, 01:31 PM
sewmary

Originally Posted by oh munner View Post
I don't think for one minute that JoAnn's has better fabric that a quilt shop or Hobby Lobby. In fact, In my opinion, I think their quality of fabric has gone from not too bad to awful. When you can see your hand through a piece of material you're NOT getting quality. Their prices have increased considerably, but their quality certainly hasn't followed suit by any stretch of the imagination! Not only that, but do they ever hire anyone who knows a thing about sewing anymore? I think that since the new owners have taken over the whole store has gone down the drain.
Ditto here. And their pricing strategy leads you to believe that you are getting a bargain - price it at 12.99, saturate the market with 50% off coupons, you pay $6 something for fabric that is worth about 2.99/yd, like it used to be.

My LQS only has quality fabric - have never seen or felt an inferior piece there. So I never understand it when poeple say their LQS has lesser quality than the boxes - unless their LQS buys seconds.