View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 05:05 PM
n2scraplvr

Originally Posted by cherokeerose View Post
Love your quilt, the Irish Chain in my favorite pattern, I like the single, double and triple. I have a single scrappy started now, and I plan to do a Triple Irish for my son and FDIL - she is from Ireland, and the wedding will be in Ireland in 4 weeks. I found some really pretty fabric in March at JoAnn it is not the usual St Patty's fabric, but really pretty fabric that has Ireland themes. I want to have this done on their 1st anniversary -- I am a newbie and am comfortable doing the top, but need more practice for the FMQ. So I am giving myself a year to get it finished.
Thank you, cherokeerose, for your nice compliment! I love this pattern too and it was on my bucket list for 2 yrs.! Good girl for giving yourself lots of elbow room to complete the wedding quilt on their anniversary! How beautiful! The fabric sounds so nice and we just can't wait to see pics of it and your SIC that you just started! I'm new at FMQ too but love HQ the most and usually do that on all the quilts. This one will be a combo of FMQ and HQ! Be sure and PM me when you post as we would all love seeing your pics!