Old 08-14-2012, 03:10 AM
GrandmaPeggy

Hubby bought this machine for me last year. I am using the pre-wound bobbins from the store that sold us the machine, although they are sold at Hobby Lobby and probably JoAnns. They said the pre-wound bobbins were better because they were consistent in their winding (not too tight or too loose). I like the white ones, but the black ones are bad (they break, as if the tension is not right or the thread is rotten). So, I just use the white bobbins and leave the black in my box. You are required to use a stabilizer each and every time. We purchased the Medium Weight Firm Tearaway (roll 14" x 25 yards @ $19.99). There is not a "brand" on it. I love it!!! I use it with everything, but I also have the water-soluable and tricot for the projects where they are needed. Our 8 & 9 year old grand-daughters are able to use this machine very easily, too. Your students should enjoy working on this machine. The small window is sometimes a problem for these old eyes, but it hasn't stopped me.....yet! Congratulations and enjoy!!!