Thread: A Request...
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2012, 01:20 PM
IBQLTN

Originally Posted by TanyaL View Post
You all do realize that not all people are interested in how our dead relatives looked, particularly the ones that we can't remember. I just threw away lots of photos of relatives that were unlabeled. I am the oldest left alive in my family and obviously if I don't know who they are, no one will know. Also I don't care and my children, whom I asked, did not care to have the photos, nor did the grandchildren and the great-grandchildren are too young to ask. So the pictures were thrown away. I did keep all the tin -types just because they weren't photos, but no one knows who they are. Just curious looking people from another time long, long ago.
I just pulled boxes and boxes of photos from my mom's closet. Don't know who most of them are and some of them are duplicates and triplicates as her siblings passed away and she kept those too.

I plan to scan those whom I know and can identify. However, I know lots of them were her friends and people I never met.

I once heard there was, please don't beat me up over this, a 'market' for old B & W photos. At least they'd be used. Anyone know of anyplace that might want or purchase old photos?