Old 08-14-2012, 02:08 PM
Ps 150

Default A Comfort Quilt For A Friend Recently Diagnosed With Cancer

My church has a quilting group that meets to do comfort quilts for those with cancer. They normally do scrappy quilts, as they work off of donations only. We just use a Rail Fence Pattern (Or Autograph Quilt Pattern) and write scriptures of comfort in the center strips.

I came home from our group last month to the news that a friend had been diagnosed with breast cancer. I set to work to make one of our comfort quilts for her, using fabrics I knew she would really find comfort in. I could've given her one of the ones from our quilting group and she would have adored it, but somehow, I couldn't. I think, now, that I needed to make this, not just for her, but for me. I was so hurt and scared when she told me her diagnosis, and I just had to work all those emotions out into this quilt (thankfully, the anger stage hit AFTER I finished the quilt). I found out the bible verse that she's really been focusing on during this struggle, and embroidered that onto a tag on the back. It's just large enough to cover her lap during treatments and I hope to deliver it to her tomorrow.

I did SID around all of the strips and then quilted continuous hearts in the border.
Attached Thumbnails dsc_1018.jpg   dsc_1019.jpg   dsc_1020.jpg   dsc_1021.jpg