View Single Post
Old 08-14-2012, 02:12 PM
auntpiggylpn

I love my LQS! It is about a 25-30 minute drive from my home. There is one that is about 10 minutes from my home where I bought my machine. I have been treated so poorly everytime I go in there that I refuse to give them any of my money. Since I purchased my machine 5 years ago, I can count on one hand the times I have been back to that shop and the amount I have spent in there (minus my machine) is less than $100. My favorite LQS is worth the drive. It is in an old house in the middle of a small town. There is a wrap around front porch with big wooden rocking chairs. Sometimes I just sit in one of them for a little bit before I go into the shop and sometimes when I am done shopping. The selection of fabrics is overwheming! The staff, including the owner, is always friendly and helpful. They greet each customer as they walk in the door and I know that smile on their face is genuine and sincere. We talk about quilting and everything else under the sun. This shop has a sale the first weekend of every month and they cater a free lunch for their customers. They also have email sales so if you are on their email list, you will get a special deal. I have spent more money there in the 2 years they have been open than I care to admit out loud. I do still shop online or here on the QB but it is usually for something the shop doesn't have. The owner has been talking since opening about going online. I hope they do that way I can order what I want and they will have it all cut for me when I go to pick it up. Sometimes, when I am feeling a little stressed and just overwhelmed by life itself, I will make the journey to "just look". As soon as I enter the shop, my mood feels lighter and all my troubles seem to vanish. I don't always buy when I am there but just to be surrounded by such wonderful people and the vast array of beautiful fabrics is the best medicine in the world. You can't get that from an online store, that's for sure!

Last edited by auntpiggylpn; 08-14-2012 at 02:15 PM.