View Single Post
Old 08-14-2012, 02:25 PM
0tis

I have a wonderful LQS - it is over 50 miles to get there one-way - I live very rurally. Anyway, I love the owners of the shop - I bought my longarm from them and have purchased a ton of fabric in the last couple of years. They help me with fabric choices and anything else I need. I actually compared their prices with some of the other shops that are an addition 50+ miles beyond my LQS (in a tax free state) and my LQS has better prices even with paying sale tax.
Often if there is a little bit of fabric left on the bolt - I will get it for free - or she will charge me for 2 yds and I will get 2 3/4 yds - The only bummer is they have the shop for sale now - they just want to retire and its hard to do all the shows and take care of the shop. I always try to support local stores - esp. because I live so far out- I have heard others in my small town that never buy local - its too expensive they say. Well, its really expensive to drive 80 or 100 miles to save grocery money.
I hope if someone buys the LQS that they are just as friendly as the present owners - I think it will be difficult to find anyone that can take on the financial reponsibility.
That said, I also have an addiction to pre-cuts particularly, Moda, my LQS does not stock pre cuts at all - so I do not feel guilty for purchasing them online. As I say, I like to spread the love ($$) around.