Old 08-14-2012, 05:24 PM
janRN

QNS you had me worried there for a minute thinking DH moved out on ya!!! Hope you get that LA-your quilts are awesome.

Chicken story: when I was growing up my mother worked at GC Murphy's 5 & 10. Every year at Easter time the store gave away free baby chicks. For 2 weeks prior my sister & I would work on the box that we'd put our peeps in when we got them (please remember I'm a city gal, this is as "farm" as I get). Finally the day would come and we'd go get 2 peeps each. I always got 2 yellow ones and she would get 2 pink ones. Why did they dye them? Parents made us get different colors so if one met an unfortunate demise we'd know whose it was. We loved those little fluffy things--probably carried them around too much. We wanted to sleep with them in our room but they lived in a wooden box with a window screen on top in the hall way (they did smell a little). It was neat to see them grow but you know kids--after about 2-3 weeks we'd get bored with them. My dad would load the box in the back seat of the car and take them to a friend's farm where they'd live happily ever after with all their little peep friends. (Or so we were told). I can't imagine a store giving away chicks nowadays--PETA would picket! It did teach us responsiblity and made me the city girl I am today!! (Sorry my story is boring compared to all you farm folks LOL!!)