View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 04:59 AM
auntpiggylpn

Originally Posted by QKO View Post
90% or more of all online shops are run by local LQS's. So, shopping online, if you're shopping at the small online shops you're most likely shopping at someone's LQS.

If you want to help small shop owners, quit buying your fabric at Wal-mart, Fabric.com, Joannes, Connecting Threads, Hancocks, Beverly's and the other big chains. Those are the places that are killing your LQS's, not the small online shops, most of which are extensions of LQS's or are small mom-and-pop operations.
I learned this trick a long time ago and not sure where but: When I am looking for a particle fabric and do a google search instead of choosing one of the sites on the first couple of pages, I always go to higher numbered pages. These are shops that haven't paid high dollar to be put on the first few pages. Most of those that are several pages in a search are usually LQS online stores. They just can't afford to pay the high cost to be put first in the search. If I have any questions, I will just contact them by phone. I have found some great deals and feel good about supporting a LQS even if it isn't my own favorite one.