Old 08-15-2012, 11:44 AM
blondeslave

Originally Posted by CountryHouseQuilter View Post
Is it just me, or does the Fat Free and Low Fat stuff taste terrible? I'd rather just limit my intake than east that stuff. I bought a bottle of Blue Cheese dressing...fat free....was watery. Won't buy that again.

Oh, and the cheese thing..........totally a downfall for me!! I LOVE CHEESE. But I'm trying to be good and limit it. If I went on a Liver diet I'd be really really skinny by now....I HATE LIVER!!! LOL.
I totally agree. I can't eat the fat free or light versions of dressings or anything except my Fage o% Greek yogurt which I love. FF and light dressings are always so sweet to me and have a strange mouthfeel. I look for regular dressings with the fewest ingredients and additives and no sugar. Newman's Own olive oil and vinegar is great-basically oil, vinegar and seasonings. I also make my own dressing a lot. Balsamic vinegar, olive oil and dijon mustard with seasonings. If I've been good and want a treat I will have litehouse blue cheese or Caesar. I am also a total cheese freak. If I add feta to my salad for lunch it seems to satisfy my cheese craving. Still in a holding pattern here can't seem to get myself unstuck.