Old 08-15-2012, 02:21 PM
Dina

Default Do you have a suggestion for my next quilt?

I am about to finish the binding on my current quilt and have been trying to select a pattern for my next quilt. Do any of you have a suggestion for me? I am an experienced beginner quilter. I have been quilting for two and a half years, and I am very comfortable with squares and rectangles. I have enjoyed making several different patterns, and I am willing to do some half square triangles, as I have done them successfully, but I am not real comfortable with them. I have quilted a lot, just finishing my 41st quilt, but I have a lot of trouble selecting a new pattern...(and selecting fabric, to be honest).

I don't know the names of all of the patterns I have done, but I can remember Warm Wishes, D9P, Yellow Brick Road, Trip around the World, Take Five, Rail Fence, and Hopscotch. That may give you an idea of my skill level....experienced beginner, like I said...and not very confident at selecting patterns.

I have geen googling Free Patterns, looking at books, looking at all of the blocks on quilterscache, and looking at quilts in our gallery here.

Still, I have been unable to get myself settled on a pattern. I envy those of you who have piles of UFO's and stacks of quilt patterns you want to use. I seem to be unable to get into that mindset, and every time I finish a project, I temporarily panic trying to figure out what I want to make next. I guess I am a one-at-a-time quilter.

So can anyone guide me to a pattern? Maybe a favorite of yours that might become a favorite of mine?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Dina