View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 05:49 PM
Helen S

Default I Know What You're Thinking! lol

I know you're thinking all I do is sit at my computer and tell everyone what I think about their latest quilting project, but that's really not true! I HAVE been working on my own projects! REALLY, I HAVE! For some reason it seems to take a lot of time to get something done around here, but I'm persevering and I WILL finish this SOON! I'm aiming for sometime within the next week, but I couldn't wait after hours of marking and stitching today, so here's a small preview of the progress on what will be a queen size quilt. This is the 10 minute block stitched to form cathedral windows.

No borders yet, and in fact, I decided not to sew the top completely together and kept it in two halves. I sandwiched each half and am quilting each half separately before joining them...next time I'll try each ROW, or maybe even each BLOCK, since there's still a LOT of fabric to haul through the less than 7" throat space on my machine.

So far, the quilting I've done looks like a wagon wheel...I'm not unhappy with the look! The yellow cornerstones have FMQ 5-petal flowers in them......the first FMQ I've done on anything other than scraps, but they don't show up well in the photos. They were fun to do and I found it easier to FMQ small things at first.

Thanks for looking...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]355815[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]355816[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 10-minute-block-front-8-14-12.jpg   10-minute-block-back-8-14-12.jpg