View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 08:34 PM
Up North

Originally Posted by sahm4605 View Post
my two cents as a mommy and as a quilter, if you asked the mom for colors then go with her colors. there might be more important reasons why the mom wants the colors and is just giving you one of them. I have just made a crib set for a very close friend who is having a baby and while I like the fabric and colors she choose, I would not ever have picked them myself because they are not my taste. When I make up a crib set I always make a separate baby quilt in a smaller size to use to wrap up the baby in. I do this because most babies are not supposed to use anything in the crib till they are around a year old or even older. (I make the crib quilt so that it will fit a toddler bed (which most cribs nowadays are the size of) this way it will be used longer.) I vote for making one that you like and then the crib one for the mommy. I hope that this helps you.
Thank you while reading this post I kept thinking please do not put a quilt on that new baby!! Babies need nothing other than a warm sleeper or a blanket tucked under their arms. Let us prevent Sudden Infant Death syndrome!