View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 06:17 AM
spunky

I don't know what you consider a reasonable price for fabric at LQS. They have to make a living or close their doors. If you shop on line, consider the loss of sales for your community if the online shop is out of state. This hurts our local economies. We live in a small town and at one time had 3 LQS. One also has an online business. They go out of their way to be hateful. Many people would come to shop there and would be so disgusted with the treatment they would go to the other stores where the owners and staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Sadly, one closed because of the bad economy. The other is still in business and she is doing everything she can to attract and keep customers. She always has a 50% off group of LQS fabric. How many online stores help our local groups? She donates to many local charities by giving us a place to get together for various sewing projects such as the million pillowcase project. Have no idea how many pillowcases we've donated to area nursing homes, crisis centers and others in need. We have been doing this for several years. We are now also working on hats for cancer patients who lose their hair from chemo treatments. Most of us bring fabric from our own stash so she's not making a lot of money. Can't say enough good things about this store, owner and staff. Will do what I can to help her stay in business. There is another LQS about 20 miles away and the owner and staff are great. She carries an entirely different line of fabrics so I shop there when I need something different. I buy in these stores, even if I have to buy less fabric because I want them to stay in business and to help our local economies.