View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 06:39 AM
jcrow

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

I just ordered a BOM from Main Street Cotton Shop a month ago before I banned myself from online shopping. I wanted to give it a try. The quilt is magnificent and I know I would never do all that cutting, but want to make that quilt. It's all applique. I think it's $39 a month. Not too spendy. Maybe it's more than that. I can't remember. I put it on my husband's debit card, that's why I don't remember how much it's going to cost. He'll remind me every single month. Believe me! At first he'll be upset that I did it without mentioning it to him (shame on me, I'm a chicken) but after I make the first block, he will be fine with the money coming out each month (I hope, oh please oh please). No, he's pretty good about things, but he likes to know about it first and sometimes I get a little sneaky and then chicken out and don't tell him until he sees the statement. I need to stop sneaking around. He doesn't care as long as he's aware of what is coming out of our account. See, I'm chicken to tell him that for a year $39 is coming out of HIS account. We each have our own account and I pay bills and have things coming out of mine, so I put it on his. I am leaving today for Texas. I will write a note and tell him about the money coming out. That's the chicken way to do it. He never gets mad. He just lectures me. My niece says he should record the lecture because it's the same lecture and hand me the recording and tell me to push play and then he can leave the room and I can sit and listen to the lecture. I think she has something there.