Old 08-16-2012, 08:47 AM
J Miller

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Hummmmmm, I remember Cathy, Mizkaki, telling me that you will get skipped stitches if the eye of the needle doesn't rotate across the hook at the right time. Now I will have to remember how to re-time my 319w as my 4 years old grandson did a number on that machine again! It is all messed up with the needle hitting the hook - AGAIN! So frustrating as that is my at home piecing machine these days - it is always set up ready to go! Now, I will have to remove it from the treadle and re-time it for the second time!

Nancy
Nancy,

That 4 year old needs to be punished at this point. Once might be an accident, twice is deliberate. And were he my grand son, he'd be banned from the house until he learned or was taught to keep his hands off things.
For some reason that machine attracts his attention and if you can't stop him he will ruin it one of these times. If he hasn't all ready.

Personally I can't figure out how he's knocking it out of time. Hook timing is very hard to change just by accident. As is needle bar timing. We have a 319 and I've studied it some, so I'm pretty sure if he did really knock it out of time he had to work at it.

You've got to keep that kid away from your machines! Sorry, I get frustrated by grubby little hands going where they don't belong and can only be nice once.

Joe