Old 08-16-2012, 09:09 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
Nancy,

That 4 year old needs to be punished at this point. Once might be an accident, twice is deliberate. And were he my grand son, he'd be banned from the house until he learned or was taught to keep his hands off things.
For some reason that machine attracts his attention and if you can't stop him he will ruin it one of these times. If he hasn't all ready.

Personally I can't figure out how he's knocking it out of time. Hook timing is very hard to change just by accident. As is needle bar timing. We have a 319 and I've studied it some, so I'm pretty sure if he did really knock it out of time he had to work at it.

You've got to keep that kid away from your machines! Sorry, I get frustrated by grubby little hands going where they don't belong and can only be nice once.

Joe
Hehehehehe - I agree, but I did not see him messing with the machine. He sleeps in what he calls my "up down bed" (a murphy bed) in the sewing room when he is here. The machine has been sewing beautifully since the last timming issue. I went in to use it last night and it was jammed pretty good - which makes me suspect the 4 year old! Anyway, it is out of timming again. I hate having to take it apart for the second time to time it, can't help thinking the first time I did it - it was just pure luck that I got it right with no skipped stitches issues! I am going to have to start putting it away when Marcus spends the night! Yes, my machines do attract his attention, but I can't discipline him if I don't see him doing it! Now, I just have to take the time and try again to fix the machine. I really like that treadle!

Nancy