View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 01:15 PM
kay carlson

When raising my children, I kept the "clean enough to be healthy, dirty enough to be happy" sign in my kitchen. I had more energy when I was younger. The sign has since been discarded. Now I've been retired for 2.5 years and have to use my energy wisely.

Hubby is very laid back and we enjoy being together. I treasure the time spent with him and we manage to keep up on the basics. My major responsibility is to continue to downsize as I have so much stuff - both mine and that which I inherited. (I feel good about the two bags dropped off at a charity shop today.) Earlier this week, DH cleaned the kitchen and dining room windows, inside and outside, which look out at the lake. It was his idea and I am walking on cloud nine! Our home was presentable for guests yesterday and we can play for a couple of days. We seem to have a good balance of togetherness, separate interests, and sharing responsibilities at home.

We have had several laughs as I've shared some comments from this thread. Our favorite was eating off of the floor!