Old 08-16-2012, 02:20 PM
Cre8tvlwyr

All blocks are wonderful!!! DottyD - you are so far ahead [should we really help! ...only kidding]
Haven't done that one yet - not on schedule til next February, although I have to get back to this!! The Olympics didn't get me behind - it was the IRS, California Secretary of State and my daughter's non-profit public benefit corp.... ugh the paper work is done but my grandson's quilt remains to be quilted [birthday was yesterday ] and my brain is fried!

At any rate - I did look at although I haven't looked at "that quilt" recommendations. We frequently differ. When I make that block I will make the border triangles using reverse applique. It would seem the easiest. I agree that fabric cooperates more when it is starched like crazy. On the other hand, make sure you starch it and let it cool before you mark the triangles so that your marks will come out! alternative is to make the triangle marking slightly smaller so that you can turn it completely under the white. When you come to the inner corners, take teeny stitches - I would clip it from the very center of the triangle towards the three corners [kind of like the mercedes symbol?? or pyramid] don't cut anywhere else inside. I will call my friend who is also making a DJ but with Rita Verocca and their group is making it like a round the world starting in the center - they have done that block already.

hope to get back to all of you!
Gus

ps - knee hanging in